Открытый урок английского языка по теме Праздники в Великобритании
- Учебно-практическая: активизация и закрепление лексики по теме: "Праздники и обычаи страны изучаемого языка”, развитие навыков устной речи, формирование гибких и вариативных умений говорить, развитие навыков понимания иностранной речи на слух, навыков чтения и письменной речи.
- Познавательная: расширение и углубление культурологических знаний, повышение общей культуры общения.
- Развивающая: развитие навыков языковой догадки, языковой реакции, памяти, внимания, мышления, восприятия и инициативы.
- Воспитательная: формирование уважительного отношения к языку, умения активно и плодотворно работать в коллективе.
- цель: формирование умения понимать иностранную речь на слух;
- установка: прослушать, понять, закончить предложения по прослушанному тексту.
- цель: понимание общего содержания и деталей;
- установка: выразить свое отношение к предложенным утверждениям(True/ False statements)
- цель: развитие навыков устной речи;
- установка: использовать в речи изученный материал по заданной теме.
- Учебник "English-V”, авт. И.Н.Верещагина; О.А.Афанасьева
- Плакаты по теме: "Праздники и обычаи страны изучаемого языка”.
- Карточки. А, В, С - для ответов на вопросы
- Раздаточный материал (карточки для выполнения заданий по аудированию)
- Магнитофон, аудиокассета с текстом для аудирования "Британский музей”
- Компьютер, проектор, презентация слайдов в Power Point по теме: "Праздники и обычаи страны изучаемого языка”.
- Дополнительный текст для чтения "Why do the British like drinking tea?”
- Карточки для занесения результатов (баллов), за правильно сделанные задания.
- Карточки с предложениями для грамматического задания.
I. рганизационный момент.
Teacher: Good morning, children! I am gland to see you. Today we have a revision- lesson. Today we shall speak with you about the most famous holidays and customs of Great Britain and compare with Russian ones. We also shall revise lexical and grammar structures. I hope that it will be interesting for you during our lesson.
II. Основная часть:
1. Фонетическая зарядка.
Teacher: Look at the blackboard! And repeat the following words after me.
Christmas, holidays, New Year tree, greeting cards, Santa Claus, presents, first foot, Remembrance Day, to lay wreaths, to survive, Valentine Cards, Lent, to fast, to toss pancakes, to confess the sins, Easter, commandment, Orthodox.
2. Введение в тему урока:
Teacher —> Pupils (questions —> answers)
You know that people like to celebrate holidays all over the world. Nowadays different people celebrate different holidays .What about your families? What holidays do your families prefer to celebrate and how do they do it?
Answer my questions, please!
a) What is the most favorite holiday in your family?
b) What are the most important public holidays in Great Britain?
c) What religious holidays do you know?
d) What Orthodox holidays does your family usually celebrate?
e) What is the difference between Veteran’s Day and Remembrance Day?
f) What are the most important national holidays in Russia?
g) bWhat do Russian people celebrate on the 9th of May?
h) During what holiday do American people eat their traditional food: roast turkey?
i) Name the date when English people celebrate Halloween.
3. Практика говорения.
Учащиеся по подготовленным заранее плакатам, рассказывают о праздниках и обычаях Великобритании и Америки, сравнивая их с Российскими праздниками.
Now, we are going to have speaking practice. Your home assignment was to prepare 5-6 sentences about holidays and customs of Great Britain.
The first group will tell us about Christmas and New year holidays.
Christmas Day is celebrated on December 25.People of different countries celebrate Christmas in various ways. Christmas is a time for eating. The traditional food is turkey, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding made of fruit. Candles at Christmas also go back to those times. People believed then that their light helped them to forget the darkness of winter. Now Christmas
Tree stands in everybody’s living room at Christmas.
P2 I am from Russia. The fist holiday of the year is New Year’s Day. There are a lot of New Year traditions in Russia. In every home there is a New Year tree with lights and decorations. Children always wait for Father Frost to come and give them a present. Many people think New Year’s day to be a family holiday.
But in England not all English people celebrate New Year. A lot of people go to Trafalgar Square to see the Christmas tree. They have a New Year party at home. When Big Ben strikes 12 they drink a toast for the New Year.
Thank you for your interesting stories
The second group will tell us about other holidays - they are: Maslenitsa and Easter.
People in Russia have many traditions. One of them is Maslenitsa. On this holiday people say good-bye to winter. People in both countries cook pancakes with honey or sour-cream, they sing songs and dance. In England this holiday is celebrated in a different way.
Christmas Day is celebrated on December 25. People of different countries celebrate Christmas in various ways. Christmas is a time for eating. The traditional food is turkey, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding made of fruit. Candles at Christmas also go back to those times. People believed then that their light helped them to forget the darkness of winter.
The next group of pupils will tell us about Women’s day and Victory day- they are celebrated in both countries in Russia and in Great Britain. Are these holidays celebrated in the same way - listen to your classmates.
The 8th of March is a happy and nice holiday. Each family celebrates this spring holiday. In the morning, men go to the shops to buy some flowers. They try to clean flats and to cook a holiday dinner.
Sons help their fathers too: they make a cake, lay the table and wash dishes after holiday dinner.
There is almost the same holiday in England. It is called Mothers' Day and celebrated also in spring. Flowers and cakes are the traditional gifts for all women England.
All women try to be nice and happy on this day.
In Russia we celebrate Victory day on the 9th of May. On this day, the radio and television broadcast parade held in the Red square. High officials attend this parade. They place a wreath of flowers at the tomb of Unknown Soldier. All stand in silence for a few minutes. In Great Britain people celebrate Remembrance Day on the 11th of November. On this day, the Royal family and political leaders come to the Cenotaph to lay wreaths at its foot. War veterans march past the memorial. An endless line of people wishing to honour the veterans and those were killed in the war follows.
4. Аудирование и письмо.
Учащиеся получают карточки для выполнения письменного задания по аудированию.
Teacher: The next task is listening to the text, which is called "The British Museum”. You must listen to the speaker attentively and answer the following questions. I shall give you these cards and you should circle the right variant.
For many people who come to а)………… it is a city of history and culture full of b)………….., galleries and historic buildings .
The British Museum is a very large, c)……………… building.
Many things came to the museum from d)…………….. .
You can also find very old books and e)……….. in the museum.
When you come to the museum you can go to the f)……………….. which is circular in shape.
f) Concert hall
You can walk through the halls of the British Museum for hours making g)……………… discoveries.
I’m sure you have managed to circle the suitable words. Let’s check up your answers. Change over the cards with your neighbor-Now look at the board and check them.
- Reading Room
Each correct made card is worth 2 points.
8. Grammar crossword.
Now it’s time to play a grammar game. You can see nine sentences on the blackboard – your task is to put questions to the underlined words. We should divide our class into two groups- "naughts”and "crosses”. Look at this crossword – choose any grid you like and the number in the grid will be the number of your sentence. If your answer will be correct I shall put the sign of your team into the grid (cross or naught).
But firstly let’s revise grammar rules. Tell me please what kinds of questions do you know and give me the rules to each type of question (you can speak Russian.)
- Our relatives went to Cairo last spring.
- He has big posters of football players on his bedroom walls.
- They have just won their first match.
- Greg Hunter is twelve years old and his hobby is playing the guitar.
- Now she has got more than fifty dolls in her room.
- Six month ago he watched a basketball match on TV and he liked it very much.
- He has just bought himself a new guitar.
- We were playing chess when our mother came home.
- While I was doing my homework, my mother was cooking dinner.
10. Grammar revision.
Look at the screen and answer the following grammar questions:
Учащимся предлагается ознакомиться с содержанием небольшого текста на тему: "Why do British like drinking tea?”
You know that tea is the most popular drink in Britain. Focus your attention on this text. You will have 2 minutes to read it. Then we shall check whether you understand it.
1. Why do the British Like Drinking Tea?
Everything in Britain, says a popular song, stops for tea. It’s true that tea is the most popular drink in Britain - far more popular than coffee. The Dutch brought the first tea to Europe in about 1610. By 1750 tea had become the principal drink of all the people in Britain. Tea was kept in special containers called tea-caddies, often with a lock. Nowadays, tea-drinking became a fashionable social ritual. That’s why there are a lot of tea gardens in London, where people could walk in the afternoon and enjoy a cup of tea with bread and butter and cakes. Many years ago tea parties were also popular at home, and soon the "afternoon tea” a real tradition. Today the custom of tea-time continues. Most people in Britain prefer strong cup of tea with milk.
2. Проверка понимания прочитанного (общий смысл и содержание, специальная информация)
Now I am going to read some statements to you. Your task is to decide whether these statements true or false. Listen to the following statements.
- Coffee in Britain as popular as tea.
- By1750 tea had become the principal drink of rich people in Britain.
- Most people in Britain prefer to drink tea with milk.
- English people prefer not very strong tea.
- Tea was kept in opened boxes in the kitchen.
- Tea became so popular that tea gardens appeared in London.
III. Подведение итогов урока. Оценки.
Teacher: Thank you for your excellent work. Count your points and compare your result with the table. Open your dairies and put your marks down there.
- You know a lot about customs and holidays of Great Britain.
- You can listen to the text and understand it.
- You can tell about British traditions.
The lesson is over! Good-bye!